[OMC-Boats] Newly-Acquired '68 Johnson 16 Reveler

From: Marty Loken <marty@...>
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 19:10:42 -0700

After a fairly long round trip (11+ hours each way between Nordland,
WA and Orofino, ID), I got my new 1968 Johnson 16 Reveler home early
this evening. The boat was originally powered by a 225 OMC Buick
engine, but the second owner replaced the 155hp unit with a 231 c.i.
V-6...either an Olds or Pontiac. (Need to find the engine number
tomorrow and figure out exactly what I've got.)

The boat is a real time capsule, wonderfully maintained by the fellow
I bought it from, Tim McTevia of Orofino, who'd owned the boat since
the mid-1980's. All of the upholstery is original and intact; the
gelcoat's in great condition (and even buffed out--something I'm not
used to seeing with boats I drag home), and about the only thing I'll
need to do before a test run is to install a fresh impeller since the
current one dates back to 1990 (!)

As you can see from some of the photos, the boat is color-compatible
with my old '76 Dodge boatshop van.

I'll shoot more images and post details after I get the boat in the
water...

- Marty Loken, Island Boatshop, Nordland, WA 98358

DSC_0075.jpg DSC_0080.jpg DSC_0084.jpg DSC_0085.jpg DSC_0083.jpg DSC_0082.jpg