[OMC-Boats] Bill's wiring challenge

From: Lee Shuster <Lee.Shuster@...>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 10:04:09 -0600

Bill,

I've been pondering your "corn nut" hybrid wiring problem some more. I think if it were mine, I'd simply just use decent, properly sized butt connectors and tightly over-seal them with shrink tubing.

This will provide a very sound electrical connection but you'll give up the serviceability of ever separating the engine harness from the boat harness (no big deal).

The likely hood of pulling the engine out is remote (hopefully) and if you ever did need to pull the engine, you simply disconnect all eight engine-side connections at their various termination points: (alternator, starter, instruments, ignition, etc.).

Lee