Re: [OMC-Boats] Pivot cap o-ring

From: jd <jdood@...>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 21:00:45 -0700

i wouldn't try for OEM stuff. you may have to make your own. make
sure to use slightly thicker cork. and a fatter than stock O
ring. both mine leaked really bad. Had a NOS OMC cork D gasket
and O ring. Put them on, still leaked just as bad. Tried the same
with super silicone stuff carefully applied. Still leaked.
Bought a roll of $6 cork at a local hardware store, and a fatter O
ring from Lowes. Cut new D gasket, installed with new O ring,
tighten down evenly and carefully. ZERO leakage - has been holding
steady all summer and probably will for years. The design sucks,
if you look real close at it you will see that the O ring is a little
more important than the D ring. But both require the metal plate to
squash them down to seal properly.