Re: [OMC-Boats] Lets talk about anchoring...

From: Justin DeSantis <duc1098desmo@...>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 23:53:21 -0400

The book I have here says 7 to 1 is acceptable. 10 to 1 is ideal. But
it sounds more like a depends on the situation thing rather than a
hard and fast rule. I have 2 danforth style anchors. A smaller custom
made stainless one and a larger galvanized one. Not sure what other
styles to keep on board. I anchor in anything from sand to boulders.