Re: [OMC-Boats] Thank you all.

From: Justin DeSantis <duc1098desmo@...>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 00:05:12 -0400

I'm reading up on prop selection now. I think I'm going to replace
mine regardless. I noticed a slight vibration and the prop is a little
dinged up. I'm thinking the 2 may be related. It's usable, but has a
few marks. I can live at a lower RPM cruising speed anyhow. It's not
like I need top speed all the time, or ever, really.

I sort of assumed the Loran system was a bit outdated. The guy who
gave it to me remembers it being very expensive 20 years ago when he
bought it. I don't doubt it, but, accurate within 1/4 mile? A $100
cheapo GPS can do way better than that and I don't need to know map
coordinates and such. Plus it has a pretty picture on the display.

The dog is my boxer mix, Brody. He's not crazy about boating yet. I
have 2 other dogs. A German Shepherd who I know will hate it. And a
Black Lab who would love everything about it. But she's getting kind
of old to get in and out of the boat. I may take her next time anyhow.