Re: [OMC-Boats] Thank you all.

From: BC Howk <bchowk@...>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 22:54:13 -0500 (CDT)

Congratulations, and thank you!! have been following your posts glad to know you are up, running and enjoying a great classic boat..

3 comments

If redline is the same for the V6 then it is 5000 RPM and you should be in the 4400-4600 territory at WOT, Lee has some great reading about prop selection and gearing. My simple mind boils it down like this....there is always a trade off (top speed and lower RPM WOT traded for better hole shots) I plan on messing with the gearing this off season, but I have been know to run my Sportsman up into the 52K territory NOT RECOMMENDED but I do it sometimes.

Comment 2, as former coastie, I used to maintain that LORAN signal not all that long ago (circa 1991...jeez) it is a 100KHZ signal that is all time based you recieve 8 pulses from a primary station, then a secondary measure the time distance between the two, that plots a hypebolic curve...then youn measure the distance between primary and a third station for a second curve and where they intersect is you location...accurate within a quarter mile!!!  :-) I hear the system is actually still in use in some places, but technology marches on...stick to the GPS....*sigh* memories

Comment 3, That is a nice looking dog, and it looks like you had a great time out there. making me look forward to my next outing with my furry buddy (The Dude)

Cheers,
B.C.