Re: [OMC-Boats] OMC Stringer Generation Naming

From: jd <jdood@...>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 16:41:35 -0700

> And about the cooling thing you mentioned... So should I pop those 2
> caps off and try to seal them? Make a new gasket perhaps, and maybe
> use a little silicone? The one on the drivers side leaks, ever so
> slightly. Just a little drop here and there.

sorry if this already got answered....

caution if you decide to remove reseal. Look really closely at the
way they actually seal. It's more than just making another gasket.
You gotta get the exact same thickness, or slightly thicker than the
OEM. Plus the O-ring needs to be swapped. I've replaced the square
gasket with a new OEM one and it still leaked. I ended up replacing
the O ring with slightly thicker one i found at Lowes, and the cork
with slightly thicker from a HW store - and everything sealed up
tight. The O ring seems to be more important than the gaskets.