Re: [OMC-Boats] Cooling issue

From: Justin DeSantis <duc1098desmo@...>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 12:34:55 -0400

Yo gang. I'd been discussing my cooling issue with Ethan. Somehow, I
just replied to him and not the whole list though, so I wanted to get
it out there for everyone to chew on. Here's where I am with my
cooling issue.

Installed clear hoses from the intermediate housing to the manifolds.
Running on the hose, I have no flow in the passenger side hose. So to
eliminate my garden hose water pressure as a culprit, I ran it
submerged in a big tub of water. No change. Good flow at the driver
side, none in the passenger side. Ok. Ethan's suggestion was to run
the water through the motor with the motor not running and pull hoses
and and see where I have flow. With the hose on there, and water
running, engine off, There is still no flow on the passenger side
intermediate hose. The hoses on the front of the motor all have flow
except the one on the lower fitting on the thermostat housing on the
drivers side. With the water running, if I remove the hose on the
passenger side of the intermediate housing, flow resumes. This tells
me that there is blockage in the passenger side manifold and water
isn't flowing through the hose because it can't push through. Ethan
also believes this is possible.

This is where it gets weird. With both ends removed from the manifold,
I can find no hint of blockage. No debris. A long wire passes easily
through from one side to the other. So what is stopping the water? Any
thoughts would be greatly appreciated.