Re: [OMC-Boats] Review of new TC Electronics Replacement Switch

From: Lee Shuster <Lee.Shuster@...>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 16:25:06 -0600

Nice job, JD!! Let's hope it holds up for you. Bravo!

The TCE switch is designed to go into several OMC housings and it can replace several OMC Part No switches by simply wiring re-configuration (But get some help if you are color-blind, as they "translate" their new wiring colors to OMC's existing ones).

The various housings are the BINNACLE (top mount) the CONCEALED (Side-mount), as well as the OMC/Johnson single lever, like yours.

The plastic arm looks to be strong enough to take most abuse, but as we know a lot of people try to force fit everything back into the split remote cases and end up breaking stuff.

I'm going to repeat my warnings about buying remote shifters on eBay. Evinrude Push-buttons RC's are okay if you know what to look for. Johnson single-lever RC's have a very HIGH probability of having defective switches! Buyer beware!!

I'll do a follow-up report with some better pictures, sometime soon. But knowing how well you've become acquainted with the original OMC switch, I know you'll love the new TCE version.

Lee