Re: [OMC-Boats] OMC HYDRO-ELECTRIC LOWER UNITS

From: jd <jdood@...>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 08:58:16 -0700

yes, the boat yard guy i was talking to a couple days ago said new
ones are out there and they list for $950. He was also familiar with
the guy in PDX that makes new ones for $200. Apparently there is
some spring inside that he uses that is no longer made anywhere.
It's all kinda crazy. There's a bunch of these switches out there
in use that will fail someday. The word is on the street that
they're prone to failure. So why doesn't some legit electronic
company/factory make up a bunch of these and sell them for $100 or
something. I know, it's not that simple. But the switches
themselves are simple. They're really just a glorified momentary
toggle switch. Just a few notches above what you might find in a
radio shack store or auto parts store. Wish I had some connections
in China!