Re: [OMC-Boats] Homemade Guides

From: BLDFW <bldfw@...>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 07:56:34 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Paul,

I'd certainly be interested in seeing your pics if you can get some.  I could not find U joints deep enough so I used 24x1/4" threaded rods and bent them over the pipe and frame.  When tightened the threads cut into the plastic insuring they can not slip off.   I used 1-1/2" pipe and the feel pretty strong and forgiving but I understand that if I hit them with any speed, they can certainly break.  Hopefully that will not be the case.

I think part of the problen I encountered loading my boat was the fact that I had the trailer too far down in the water so the boat floated over the trailer.  Next time I will insure the bow keel comes into contact with the lower roller sooner which should help quite a bit.  We'll see that happens but the guides will certainly help in keeping things centered.

-Bill
Dallas, TX
1970 Evinrude Explorer - 155 Buick V6 - OMC Sterndrive
http://www.photobucket.com/evinrude_explorer