Re: [OMC-Boats] Question about carbs

From: Lee Shuster <Lee.Shuster@...>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 09:43:37 -0600

These are thermostatically controlled chokes designed to assist in cold starting.

The "pipe" or tubing draws heat that is exchanged from the manifold, to "pull off" the choke when the motor warms up.

Depending on your locale, ambient operating temperatures and warm-up routine you may find you can start and operate your boat without one or both of the chokes.

I've operated my QuadraJet Chevy with and without the choke and frankly don't notice much difference.

lee