[OMC-Boats] Question about carbs

From: Nexi <ohnoitsnexi@...>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 21:52:33 -0700 (PDT)

I've got a question about the carbs on a 1967 Sportsman 120. I've linked to 2 pictures below. The first picture shows a black cover on the carb and a pipe coming out from the left side which goes down into the engine. The second picture is missing the cover as well as the pipe. It looks like someone broke the threaded piece on the side of the second pic. I did look around for someplace that a second pipe would go and didn't see anything. I'm just wondering if this is normal or if both the cover and pipe are supposed to be on the carb. Can I run the boat without them? On a side note... I do have a service manual on the way. http://i30.tinypic.com/20u1vli.jpg http://i30.tinypic.com/vintc7.jpg