[OMC-Boats] Tilt motor

From: BC Howk <bchowk@...>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 14:27:29 -0500 (CDT)

I'm glad to hear you got that quadrant gear off, Nexi.

So how'd it go, did she run, OK? Did you get the Tell Tale out of the outdrive?

Have you procured your tilt motor yet? If you want to be 100% positive before ordering a new motor, you can always take out the old one an bench test it, negative side of battery to mounting bolt (with a nut on both to hold the motor together)and positive side to Blue or green wire (should spin one direction with green , the opposite with blue). Just in case here is a link to the least expensive motor I saw on E-bay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-OMC-Tilt-Trim-Motor-1965-1979-2-WIRE-CONNECTION-NEW_W0QQitemZ280385463207QQcmdZViewItem

I seem to recall you asking about gaskets earlier, as I remember it, there is only a really thin o-ring that goes over the front of the motor to the outdrive and it should come with the new motor and is kind of a pain, what I ended up doing is a VERY thin bead of silicone around the lip of the motor to hold the o-ring in place while you bolt it all up.

You should be ready for a cruise soon, No?

Cheers,

B.C.