Re: [OMC-Boats] trailer front bow stop(s)

From: BC Howk <bchowk@...>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 22:17:48 -0500 (CDT)

JD,

Had the same issue and actually used one of those v type stops, I just had to bend 2 L brackets to make it fit (the V stop had one horizontal bolt and the origional has 2 vertical) see attached pic.

in the do as I say, not as I did category...I recommend using a poly vynil v-stop NOT the black rubber one I used to avoid the lovely black marks I have made on mine. take a look at the link as an example

http://www.opentip.com/Sporting-Goods/Seasense-Bow-Stop-Poly-p-668984.html

As you may notice I attempted to use a gel coat repair kit to fill in some of the gouges on mine, Think I will be doing something like this stainless scuff guard to cover up the damage and poor looking attempt to repair....

http://www.keelguard.com/sbproducts.html

Cheers,
B.C.