Re: [OMC-Boats] OMC/Johnson and Evinrude Shifter switches

From: jd <jdood@...>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 10:33:38 -0700

OMG! I think entire shifters come up on ebay for way less!

For those who care - my glue job held to reassemble switch, lubed
the hell out of it, but as soon as I moved the little lever back and
forth to test it broke again. Shouldn't have happened. But the fit
with those little plastic pieces is so tight, i think that is what
caused it to break in the first place. Too tight to rotate. Maybe
old plastic shrunk a little or something? Anyway, installed my 1 yr
older metal back up switch and everything seems to work fine. Haven't
tested F/R at dock yet, but should be fine. That metal switch is nice
and smooth, feels solid. No neutral safety feature, but oh well -
just have to be careful and not start in gear. So this websites
"new" switches for $195 look like they are entirely plastic. Not even
the arm is metal. I would be wary.