[OMC-Boats] Trailer Roller Replacement

From: BLDFW <bldfw@...>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 17:21:53 -0700 (PDT)

I vaguely recall having ask this question before a long time ago but can not find the thread so it may have been before I started saving them.  If I did, forgive the repeat question but I need to address another boating facet.....my trailer.  I need to replace all of the rollers.  They're in pretty sad shape and the center front keel roller bracket has previously scarred the bottom of the boat when the boat wasnot lined up properly during loading.

I've got two options; replace all rollers with rollers, or convert the side rollers over to carpeted bunks to more evenly distribute the weight.  Right now I can see pressure point bowing going on where the boat rests.   Anyone convert to bunks and are you satisfied?  Is there a downside to not having side rollers....like loading the boat?

I've browsed several websites (iboats, overtons, etc) for replacement rollers but in some instances not finding the exact size.  Some are close, within 1/4" so I'll chalk those off to imperfect measuring (mine).  The center rear roller is 14.75" wide (x 2.5") but I'm not finding one of the same width.  The closest is either 12" or 18".  Then there are the side rollers that are differing depths and diameters that I'm not finding.  Anyone have a one stop site that might be better than others?

Thanks.

-Bill
Dallas, TX
1970 Evinrude Explorer - 155 Buick V6 - OMC Sterndrive
http://www.photobucket.com/evinrude_explorer