Re: [OMC-Boats] Getting the boat on the #$%^ trailer.

From: Andy Perakes <aperakes@...>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 00:34:58 -0400

I haven't done that on an OMC trailer (my Reveler rides on a '67 TeeNee Trailer), but I can offer a suggestion that worked great on my 26' sailboat: Use 1" black pipe then put a "noodle" on it. (By "noodle," I of course mean one of those long cylidrical foam swim toys you can buy for $1-2 pretty much anywhere.) I used large orange noodles that worked great. Not only did they provide excellent shock resistance, but they were easy to see at night and were highly visible to other motorists passing by my wider-than-normal trailer. The only catch is to make sure you get noodles with holes in them since some are solid and you don't want to be cutting a 1" hole through 4' of noodle!

Andy