Re: [OMC-Boats] boat trailer guides

From: Don Mandelas <dmandelas@...>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 22:38:29 -0700

Bill,

I had the same problem loading my boat until I mounted these guides onto my trailer. I salvaged them from an old boat trailer (see attached Photo)

Don.

Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 19:51:34 -0700
From: bldfw@...
To: omc-boats@...
Subject: [OMC-Boats] Getting the boat on the #$%^ trailer.

Yesterday was my third and most frustrating attempt to get my boat lined up and on the trailer. Of course I had a few challenges...like worried about stalling or worse ramming the underside on something not intended to be rammed, etc. I'd have had better luck if I could have just left it sideways across the wheelbase...... Anyway, I know you can buy or make your own. The idea of making my own out of 2-3" PVC pipes appeals to me because they're relatively inexpensive but I don't want to be "cheap and/or cheesy" about it.

Anyone done this or have an otherwise excellent suggestion?

-Bill
Dallas, TX
1970 Evinrude Explorer - 155 Buick V6 - OMC Sterndrive
http://www.photobucket.com/evinrude_explorer

"Most of us have about 3 to 5 more weekends left in this year's boating season"....Oh Joe, say it ain't so!!
Express your personality in color! Preview and select themes for HotmailŪ.
http://www.windowslive-hotmail.com/LearnMore/personalize.aspx?ocid=PID23391::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HYGN_express:082009