Re: [OMC-Boats] what is this......

From: Lee Shuster <Lee.Shuster@...>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 15:25:07 -0600

Well that would be tachometer pulse adapter. Allows the use of 2-stroke, and 4-stroke 4, and 4-stroke 6's. (The all provide different ignition pulse patterns for every turn of the crankshaft.)

If you want to use boat's original (very cool) tachometer you'll need it. Probably nothing wrong with it. Later model OMC boats used internally configurable tachometers and didn't have this external device.

Lee