Re: [OMC-Boats] Outdrive compatibility

From: BLDFW <bldfw@...>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 08:38:49 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Scott,

I just finished resealing (well, prob 80% of the seals) the upper unit of my '65 outdrive and am in the process this morning of remount it to the boat.  I did not want to tackle the lower unit this time but will likely do it in the upcoming off season.  I'm glad to say the internal gears in the upper unit look excellent and should not be problematic.

I don't need any additional parts at this point and was just thinking of having a spare drive on hand for parts should the need arise.  I will have to look again to determine if it's a long or short drive.

-Bill
Dallas, TX
1970 Evinrude Explorer - 155 Buick V6 - OMC Sterndrive
http://www.photobucket.com/evinrude_explorer