[OMC-Boats] Outdrive compatibility

From: BLDFW <bldfw@...>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 06:45:16 -0700 (PDT)

I came across someone selling a full OMC stringer setup from a 4 cylinder boat, both the outdrive and the intermediate housing.  I was contemplating picking it up for possible spare parts.    Not sure I really need to do it but ya never know.  I'm trying to get the guy to give me the model number so I can see what it truly is but haven't heard back yet.

Is there anything I need to be aware of in terms of compatibility with the '65 4 bolt outdrive I have on my V6 -vs- noe for a 4cyl?

-Bill
Dallas, TX
1970 Evinrude Explorer - 155 Buick V6 - OMC Sterndrive
http://www.photobucket.com/evinrude_explorer