[OMC-Boats] thermostat?

From: dfjulien@...
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 18:02:16 -0700 (PDT)

There's a thermostat? I suppose there are some conditions where one would want to restrict water flow until the engine warms up to a nice smooth idle, like extremely cold water operation. But frankly, I can't imagine why, under normal boating conditions, one would want or need a thermostat. I haven't had any cooling problems, but if I did, I'd toss out the thermostat first thing. Is it really necessary?

-Doug Julien