[OMC-Boats] Trailer brakes

From: Richard Libby <rllibby@...>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 16:29:00 GMT

I picked up a very good condition Evinrude trailer that I believe to be for the bigger boats as it's overall about 21 1/2 feet long. When I got ready to bring it home I looked at the brake pads and noticed they seemed to have plenty of material left on them but by the time I got the trailer back to the shop there was nothing there. Apparently sometime previous somebody must have taken the retainer hardware out and everything is missing now. I've tried NAPA and other trailer dealers to source pads and retainers but am having no luck so far. Does anyone have a brake pad and retainer hardware source or anything?? Part number maybe? I'm barely getting into refurbishing this for a 1000 mile trip out east and have found tha the surge brake actuator isn't operating either apparently and after looking things over at that end it looks as though it may just need a good cleaning and rust removal to get that moving again. At least it looks as though it's rusted in place. I suppose I'll need a master cylinder repair kit for that at a minimum too and hopefully original equipment parts can be obtained. Another thing I'm looking at is the tires and while they look OK I'm sure they are way old and would like to replace those with some heavier duty than what's on there now. On the data plate on the trailer it says I can use some 10 ply - 6.50 X 10 tires while what it has on there now are ST 175/80 D 13 Carlisle USA Trails. I'd like to figure out what I'd need to get these better tires but have no idea what size it would be going from a 13" wheel to whatever they are referring to with a 6.50 X 10. BTW, the trailer is a Model B969A. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Richard