Re: [OMC-Boats] Wiring questions

From: Lee Shuster <lee.k.shuster@...>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 11:57:38 -0600

JD,

If you do a quick google on < DELCO 1110376 > and follow several links

You will see that number references Delco distributors used on 1968-69 Jeep 225 V6's, as they were no longer being supplied to OMC by GM after Buick sold the tooling to Kaiser-Jeep. (A 1970 OMC engine, probably was really a leftover 1969.) So you most likely have a distributor that originally came with an OMC engine, I'm guessing that the 0910 sequence is a manufacturer's date code, maybe 09 = 1969 and 10 = October ??.

I couldn't find any relevant hits on the 46AB-V4 part

Pictures are NOT clear enough to see if you have points or Pertronix Ignitor replacement. You need to remove the rotor and look underneath it. You also need to follow the red and black wires inside the distributor body to determine what's there. You most likely have the stock coil which requires the ballast resistor, refer to prior e-mail messages for how to measure the coil's primary resistance (with all wires removed).

Again, a stock breaker points/condensor setup will only have a single wire coming from the (-) "DIST" side of the coil (and it's almost always a BLACK wire).

Sounds like you got plenty of other issues. Sometimes it gets hard to isolate and troubleshoot one thing at a time.

Lee Shuster