[OMC-Boats] Wiring questions

From: jd <jdood@...>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 19:47:42 -0700

Two different mechanix have messed with my wiring and even though it
started/ran yesterday, things don't seem right....

1) what is the ballast resistor for and is it supposed to be 200+
degrees when engine is off/cold? I'm guessing no. Both terminals
light up my tester when grounded.

2)is coil supposed to be hot when engine Is off/cold?

3) neg terminal of coil has black from distributor, and grey from
tach. Pos terminal of coil has red from distributor and red coming
from one of ballast resistor's terminals.

Other ballast resistor has purple coming from looks like ignition.

Thanks!