Re: [OMC-Boats] 1969 silverline riviera hole shot

From: DOUGLAS JULIEN <dfjulien@...>
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2009 14:08:55 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Jerry:

The Silverline is longer but lighter than a Sportsman 155, so hole shot should be fine.  The hydrofoil is mostly useful for reducing porpoising - sometimes a problem with tri-hulls.  If I were you I'd make sure the engine is performing properly, first, then I'd try a lower-pitch prop.  With props you must choose what is more important - acceleration out of the hole, or top speed/fuel economy.  With a lower-pitch prop your acceleration will increase, but your putt-putt speed will decrease, so you won't be ramming so many docks.

-Doug Julien