Re: [OMC-Boats] NEED HELP 69 SPORTSMAN

From: BC Howk <bchowk@...>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 15:28:44 -0500 (CDT)
OK, I'll try to help here....I had a similar problem that turned out to be mechanical, the push button for the forward had a loose screw that prevented full engagement. That would be the first thing I would check out.

You have an extra symptom, that has me thinking you may have an electrical problem though. all of your outdrive wires go through a harness back to the engine bay (starboard side yellow connector). I'm just guessing here but you might want to take a look for some cracked insulation/exposed copper wire or corrosion on that connector or water intrusion (basically go through everything around and inside that yellow connector), If you are pushing the reverse button and your tilt is moving, I think you have some sort of short in that harness. I hope this helps...

by the way, please take off your caps lock....It comes across like your shouting :-)

Cheers,
B.C.