Re: [OMC-Boats] Trailer Color

From: Don Mandelas <dmandelas@...>
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 23:06:51 -0700

Thanks Jim, That's the type of information I was looking for.

I remember in 1967 when I saw these boats for the first time the trailer looked just as impressive to me as did the sportsman boat with the stern drive unit. I liked the reddish orangeish color that the trailer was painted. When the trailer was brand new it looked really sharp to me. I also liked the crank tilt mechanism that was incorporated into the trailer and the flip down parking wheel. Something that I never saw on any other boat trailer at the time.

My current trailer was re-painted by the previous owner some years ago, it is red, but the red is too dark of a red and does not look as sharp to me as the new trailers did. I was hoping someone who had repainted their trailer recently might know more about what shade that original red color was.

Thanks again,

Don.