Re: [OMC-Boats] Prop for 1970 Evinrude Sportsman

From: Lee Shuster (lib1) <lib1@...>
Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 15:58:43 -0600

I'm guess here, but I think what you've both run into is the issue
we've been discussing at length. Pre XXX-16C model (4-cap covers)
OMC drives (approximately mid 1967) have different prop requirements.

I've never been totally sure about the Michigan Wheel props, I always
assumed they would work in either 4-cap (early) or 5-cap top (late)
drives, but it could be they only fit the early pre 67 drives.

DO each of you have your prop part numbers handy? I have documented
these prop part numbers here: http://hhscott.com/evinrude/props.htm

Lee