[OMC-Boats] Dual Battery Installations - Isolator/Combiners

From: Lee Shuster (lib1) <lib1@...>
Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 08:44:01 -0600

On the topic of batteries, I like to point out a useful product that
I've been using with good success for several years now:

The problem with most marine DUAL BATTERY installs is the depend on
the boat owner to manually operate a bulky ONE-BOTH-TWO switch.
Most people can't be bothered (including myself) to remember not to
switch it with the motor running, which can ruin an alternator.
Or to simply move the switch for the most effective re-charging
scenario.

Pictures of my installation are at: http://hhscott.com/evinrude/images/hp/helm_proj_dual_battery/hp_dualbatt_tn.html

The product I found and use is the HELLROARING TECHNOLOGIES solid-
state Battery Isolator Combiner.
Rather than attempt to explain the technical details here, go check it
out:
You can view their site here: http://www.hellroaring.com/marine.php

It's a small company providing great products and great follow-up tech
support.

Highly recommended. Give 'em look.

Lee