Re: [OMC-Boats] 1978-86 400/800 Stringers and 1964-1977 Electric shift Stringers

From: BLDFW <bldfw@...>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 16:33:42 -0700 (PDT)

Lots of good info..... Just reconfirming what I think I read, sticking with the electric "long leg" version, I'm good with anything  68-72 or are the "long legs" out there through 77?  That will help as I browse around.

Regarding "the electric shift lower gear case will "only" be good for speeds up to around 60 mph before it suffers from hydrodynamic "blowout." (who cares?)".... after my 25' Bayliner Ciera 2550 cruiser, anything over 30-35mph would cause me to just pee with glee!  ;-)  Bring it on!

-Bill
Dallas, TX
1970 Evinrude Explorer - 155 Buick V6 - OMC sterndrive
http://www.photobucket.com/evinrude_explorer%a0