Re: [OMC-Boats] 1970 Seapsort

From: Lee K. Shuster \(lks\) <LKS@...>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 13:52:37 -0600

It depends on the year, whether OMC used the circuit protection on the Tilt Motor. But certainly the (69-70) models that used the large round connectors were fused in the manner B.C. describes. OMC also got smart and fused the Alternator output in a smilar fashion (ball of gooo.)

Attached is a diagram which shows the "FUSE" located close to the starter. The "Red" is sorta washed out brown (The full diagram is on my website.). Note two things are common to both relays. 1) The low-current "relay control" grounds are tied together. And 2) The high-current (large RED) supply voltage is tied together.

FUN STUFF, EH?

Lee