[OMC-Boats] Electronic Ignition

From: BLDFW <bldfw@...>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 13:44:35 -0700 (PDT)

Well I'm having a good day!!  I've had my boat running this afternoon with the outdrive in a tub of water.  Good news is that the water is flowing.  Even better news is that I'm not seeing any foaming in the crankcase oil so all is looking good there.  It didn't take long for the water in the tub to turn a nice shade of grey with exhaust crud skimming the surface but she's pumping water and that's alwasy good.  She's running a tad rich I believe, and is a bit stinky.  It prob had 2-3 gals of gas on the verge of going bad so earlier I mixed in another 3-4 gals to thin it out.

I want to convert over to electronic ignition to minimize maintenance.  Has anyone converted their V6 ignition over to a Pertronix setup recently?  What version did you use?  Any suggestions?

Thanks.

-Bill
Dallas, TX
1970 Evinrude Explorer - 155 Buick V6 - OMC Sterndrive
http://www.photobucket.com/evinrude_explorer