Re: [OMC-Boats] Recarpeting our 1970 16' Seasport

From: jd <jdood@...>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 10:08:28 -0800

home depot sells some really good carpet glue. yunfortunately i
can't remember the exact name of it, but its about the only one they
sell. i used it on another boat project on a bow area that gets
continually saturated with water and stays that way until the air drys
it out. Going on 3 seasons now and zero lifting of the carpet
anywhere - it's solid. I just used the same stuff on my omc deluxe
and it adhered around the gulls wings no prob. you have to trowel
it on and it's a little messy, but works. i think you're gonna
have frustrations if you use spray adhesive. although automotive
grade carpet spray is better than most 3M stuff. spray both surfaces
for best results.