Re: [OMC-Boats] hull

From: lib1@...
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 18:35:47 -0600

Dan,

You didn't mention the load and altitude conditions that you ran your top speed test or if it was verified by GPS.

You can play around with my online calculator at:
http://www.hhscott.com/evinrude/docs/BSLAC.htm

The hull factor for your boat is not too different from the 16 footers. (Slightly heavier but a bit more efficient).

Your boat might hit a max of 32 - 33 mph depending on altitude, load, prop pitch engine RPM, etc.

Ironically if you throw in 300 -400 lbs of extra wight you drop into the 29 - 30 mph range.

I wouldn't be surprised it there's some underfloor water in there after forty years.

Why do you think it "trailers heavy" ??

Lee