Re: [OMC-Boats] OMC-Boats - Sterndrive motor drags

From: Scott Veazie <scottveazie@...>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 14:25:07 -0700

Does anybody have their dash rocker switches that they don't need anymore? I'm trying to collect eight for a side project I'm working on.

Scott

From: heavy@...
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 16:04:47 -0700
To: omc-boats@...
Subject: Re: [OMC-Boats] OMC-Boats - Sterndrive motor drags

Hey Ethan, I pulled my tilt motor out yesterday and it was a little rusty, and the bushings were shot so I ordered a new one for $75 off ebay just like you mentioned. As for the gear box, it was full of chocolate milk, or something similar to it. I was wondering if there was a way to flush out the gear box without cracking open the unit, I dont want to get over my head. Was the part number you mentioned the gear box gasket?
Jeff

On Aug 5, 2008, at 10:20 AM, Ethan Brodsky wrote:On Tue, 5 Aug 2008, Jeff LaCoste wrote: Last night I checked the oil level like you said and a milky oilmixture bubbled right out. I closed it up and have turned my focus tothe tilt gearbox. If I can get in there tonight I will take a goodlook at it and see what condition its in and how old it is.
Even with nasty oil, it always still seems to go up and down. I pulledmine apart and flushed it pretty well with brake cleaner, then reassembledit and replaced the oil, just to prevent things from rusting inside. I'mpretty sure it's leaking through the end of the worm gear shaft, because italready has water in it again. It's still most likely the motor, but youmight as well clean out the gearbox while you're at it. If you do take itapart, the gasket will get wrecked. Replacements are only a $1.35 fromboats.net ($3.10 shipped). Search for 0308799 to find it. boats.net is agreat place for all the random small gaskets and plugs needed for theseoutdrives - they seem to stock everything and have $1.75 shipping fororders under $10.
Ethan
-- Ethan Brodsky _______________________________________________OMC-Boats mailing listOMC-Boats@...ists.ultimate.comhttp://lists.ultimate.com/mailman/listinfo/omc-boats
 ////////////////////////////////////Designheavy.comheavy@...: 206 781-3477

Get thousands of games on your PC, your mobile phone, and the web with Windows®.
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/108588800/direct/01/