Re: [OMC-Boats] timing/carb adjustment

From: JEFF DOOD <jdood@...>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 09:35:55 -0700

> Anyway, I just looked at your photo and I'm not qualified to really
> recommend any chances. It's difficult to believe there are no vents
> at all on the compartment - the engine likely wouldn't run then. Is
> the
> floor of the compartment recessed so it is the lowest point of the
> bilge?
> It looks nice so I'd be hesitant to start cutting anything.

well, i should have clarified - i do have vents - just in the upper
back of the compartment ONLY. as shown in this pre-paint photo.
that's it. just 4 little 2" dia holes centered in the back. unless
engineered to work like this way back in the 60's, seems hardly
enough to work / be safe. the compartment is at floor level, but
then there's a section under the oil pan that does sit lower than the
floor

JETSONS__BOAT_005.jpg