Re: [OMC-Boats] timing/carb adjustment

From: lib1@...
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 08:11:24 -0600

Thanks for correcting me on the odd-fire Delco distributor details. What I meant to say is I never recall seeing the USCG or SAE J-1171 marine approvals tags anywhere on the Delcos.

Also, I have no way of knowing if the Delco on my V6 Buick with the vacuum advance was original or not.

I want to reinforce the safety aspects that only Marine-rated (spark arrested) (not automotive) electrical accessories should live under the engine hatches of inboard or sterndrive marine engines.
This would apply starters, alternators, distributors, flame arrestors, bilge blowers, bilge pumps, etc.

Lee