Re: [OMC-Boats] Engine RPM and Boat Speed.

From: Ethan Brodsky <brodskye@...>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 16:34:48 -0500 (CDT)

Make sure your tach is correct, either using an external gauge (I recommend
the TinyTach), a timing light, or some other mechanism. My tach reads 20%
higher than the engine is actually turning. I think they tend to read high
with age. So perhaps the engine actually isn't running well (misadjusted
carb?) and you don't realize it because of inaccurate gauges.

Ethan