[OMC-Boats] Trailer hub question

From: mckeown <mckeown@...>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 14:10:44 -0500

Has anybody replaced the stub axles on an Evinrude trailer? I'm trying to
retrofit later-style hubs and it appears that the original stubs are longer
than what's currently in use. I may be able to put additional spacers
(washers) under the nut, but if there is a cleaner solution I'd go that
route.

I have found a source for bolt-on stubs, but they have a tapered connection
to the axle. The original stubs have 1-3/8" nuts on the back side, so
they're apparently not tapered on that portion.

Bob