[OMC-Boats] 1967 OMC Outboard Power Tilt/Trim

From: Ian Torrey (QNX) <itorrey@...>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 12:54:44 -0400

I finally got my '67 Evi 100hp Starfite running this week after nearly
10 years of sitting inoperable! Changed the CD ignition over to good
old points and it seems to be running, although it hasn't been in-
water yet. I'm hoping I can get the power trim unit working before the
test run. Has anyone disassembled one of these on the old OMC
outboards? It looks like the motor is probably rusted up, so I started
to take the backing plate off on the top of the motor. I can only seem
to lift it 1/2 an inch without excessive force. Do I need to possibly
open up the pump housing and remove the impeller first? If anyone has
any experience with these, or can refer me to rebuild instructions or
diagrams it would be a great help. My Seloc manual doesn't seem to
cover this component.
Thanks,
Ian

QNX source code is now available!
Get the award-winning QNX Neutrino microkernel source code.

New community portal
Join Foundry27 – the new QNX developer forum.

Free QNX Momentics evaluation
Download your 60-day evaluation of this Eclipse-based development suite.

Ian Torrey | Creative Director | itorrey@...
T: +1 613.271.9150 | F: +1 613.591.3579 | www.qnx.com |
QNX Software Systems Co. |