Re: [OMC-Boats] Tiller to control conversion

From: Lee Shuster <lee.k.shuster@...>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 09:27:53 -0600

Hi Mike,

I'm just a little confused (what else is new?).

Can you explain exactly what you mean by "Hand control" of the outboard
motor?

When I was into outboards -- I thought "tiller control" meant "hands-on
control," with steering and twist-grip throttle on a flip-up "tiller,"
and shifting done on lever on the outboard.

I'm just guessing -- but your Evinrude boat has older, original OMC
REMOTE CONTROLS (throttle and shifter) and cables, SIDE-MOUNTED at the
forward helm?

Any Mercury-savvy outboard shop should be able to re-rig your outfit
with MERC remote controls -- if that's what your are asking? I don't
think it's practical or affordable to try and CONVERT or ADAPT the OMC
REMOTE CONTROLS to work with the MERC.

Lee Shuster
Salt Lake City