Re: [OMC-Boats] 1969 Sportsman 155

From: Douglas F. Julien, AIA <dfjulien@...>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 12:35:02 -0500

Nice boat. I got one myself.

It seems to me that everything you need is available aftermarket easily, and if you got everything running, the boat would be worth 3x $900 - about $2700. Bilge pump can be generic, the blower can be a separate in-line blower wired to it, engine parts are still made for the v-6, and the outdrive water pump impeller appears frequently on ebay. The only big item is the head gasket, and that's only a few hundred bucks - maybe a thousand; anyone know? I'd forget about rewiring the port/starboard lights and give the buyer one of those battery-operated red/green clamp-on dealies for his "binocular compartment" (q.v.manual!).

Show us the outdrive! And the seats!

I'd buy it at $900 for that great hull if it wasn't so far away and if I had a place to put it... Good luck!

-Doug Julien, AIA