[OMC-Boats] Engine sources

From: William Anderson <speednut@...>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 13:04:51 -0500

Hello list. I acquired a 68 Evinrude Sportsman last fall (155 Hp 225 ci V6)
and finally finished enough rewiring to get it to start.

Long story short, when I hooked up the garden hose, water ran out of number
6 cylinder. When the boats aren't winterized properly, is it normally the
head or the block that cracks? I've been trying to scrounge an engine but
haven't found any.

Does anyone have ideas where to source a motor? Or is there an alternate for
that motor? Is the lower unit also susceptible to freezing?

Thanks in advance.

Bill with the once frozen Sportsman.