Re: [OMC-Boats] Some FP ideas: WAS: Fuel pump needed ASAP

From: Lee Shuster <lee.k.shuster@...>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 10:27:37 -0600

This doesn't fall into the:
"I'm 3 days into my vacation and I'd really like to get the boat running
again (safely)
by Wednesday...which shouldn't be a problem if I can just find a part
and
get it here by then!"-category but....

Next winter you should consider installing an external fuel/water
separator filter, which most newer boats have:
See:
http://www.masonmarine.net/product_info.php?products_id=1472&osCsid=9db4
e3dbbac047c4b893574d87657878
And/or
http://www.masonmarine.net/product_info.php?products_id=1462\

Then you won't have to be dependent on the now-obsolete & hard to find
OMC-(GM-AC?) Fp/filter and you'll have more options with regards to fuel
pumps, be they mechanical (external) electric.

Also, be sure and use the best marine-rated rubber fuel lines to
reconnect everything.
See:
http://www.tridentmarine.com/stage/fuel.htm

I'm still using the original OMC-supplied fuel pump on my 210-hp Chevy.
But at some point I may convert over to an externally mounted electric
fuel pump (gotta save at least a hp or three?) Just make sure that any
fuel pump, electric or mechanical is USCG-approved for Marine use and
you keep the pressure down around 4-6(?) psi (the actual psi spec is
listed in the factory and Seloc manuals).

See:
http://www.marineexhaustmanifolds.com/fuelpumps.cfm
http://www.stewartwarner.com/Catalog/fuelpumpmar.html

lee.shuster@...