Re: [omc-boats] First Run - No Go

From: lib1@...
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 09:02:19 -0600

Hi GFB,

Good isolation and troubleshooting! Yep, one could probably get by with just a replacement starter solenoid. But as you'll most likely want to remove the starter to do that (cheap labor?) combined with the fact that the starter solenoid is roughly 1/3+ the cost of a new starter/solenoid and your unit shows evidence of having already been rebuilt once before -- well you see where I'm going?

But you make the call. You do have the old-school, Delco 10MT weighing in at over 20+ pounds. If you don't have to extended cranking (in excess of 30 secs) to get her started, I'd go for the newer style PMGR marine-rated starter/solenoid.

BTW, the serial number plate is for the powerplant only, not the hull.

 It Decodes (as best I can read it:) HU = Buick 225 V6, F=Floor Mount, R=Rope steering, 69M=1969
See: http://hhscott.com/evinrude/stringer_models_72.htm

I don't think Phil or anyone else has collected a database of engine S/N plates.

Lee