[omc-boats] Canadian Johnson Deluxe

From: Don Ziniuk <dziniuk@...>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 15:05:41 -0500

    I just wanted to confirm that the #'s listed below for my boat are correct but the description is not quite right. Although the information was challenged when I originally reported it to this site, it is indeed a 1965 Evinrude 17' Deluxe. Model # 465026 Serial # C10961 with a V6 150 hp Model# HU-13EM Serial # W20096. The boat is bimini blue and white (with all white sides, not with the top scalloped part blue and the bottom part white) and the bimini blue decking. Other than the Evinrude badging it is identical to the similar Johnson Deluxe 17' boat with the exception of the '3 button Evinrude shifter'. I'm not sure of it's original heritage, American or Canadian, but it seems to lean toward being a Canadian only model since there don't seem to be any American ones with the Evinrude badging.(???) The centre of the steering wheel is badged with 'OMC'. I have checked inside the hull sides where the Evinrude badging is attached, and there is no evidence that it was ever redrilled as if someone had changed it from a Johnson to an Evinrude.