Re: [omc-boats] RE: omc-boats-digest V1 #586

From: lib1@...
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 08:35:56 -0600

Hi Dan,

This IS good news! Glad to hear you're back in business. So parts from
61-65 did the trick?

I haven't seen what's inside, but I'm guessing it's a 4-diode rectifier
brige and some type of solid-state voltage regulator to keep it around 14
volts under charging conditions?
Did they "pot" the electrical components for waterproofing/vibration
resistance? It probably wouldn't be to difficult to make-up something
similar.

Just curious, does you V-4 outfit have the -20 - 0 - +20 ammmeter they used
on the outboards?

Lee

PS Those are some serious running hours! A lot of boaters don't get to 500
hours in a lifetime!