Re: [omc-boats] jdood's metallic green paint

From: jdhanson <jdhanson@...>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 11:17:09 -0700

Hey Greg, I painted my boat with a good grade automotive paint that was
made for fiberglass.
Then clear coated it. I used the same kind of paints that you would use
for a corvette. I bought the paints at
an automotive paint store for about $200.00. I ended up just painting
it in the driveway. It was not as hard as
I thought it would be. If you have an air compressor. You can buy a
half way decent paint sprayer and air dryer from any
auto parts store or even Walmart. The prep work was the hardest and
took the most time. However, she did turn out
pretty nice looking! Pictures of my boat should be up on the OMC
website soon. Regards, Dave H